Saturday, February 5, 2011

Progress on my Penny rug and a Primitive Makeover

I have been so busy this week.It seems everyone in our house had a Doctor's appointment.First our son wakes up Monday morning and he was saying how he felt so much better.He had been fighting a major head cold.But this day he said he felt better as we are sitting and talking I notice his neck on his left side his neck was swollen it looked like a perfect egg under his skin.So off to the Doctors.Come to find out he had a ear infection.Tuesday comes and our youngest daughter has a Doctor appointment so she asked me if I would go with her and I said sure she a good check up and all is well.Then on Thursday my husband has a regular doctors appointment.
A fun fill week.Little busy so that is why I am delayed with the pictures of the progress of my first penny rug.
I got both of the baskets stitched the first one I see so many mistakes.The second one I still see mistakes but I do see the stitch is getting a little better.



I know I have so far to go.Since I have started this I have been looking at penny rugs on different blogs.Such pretty work.It seems like I am doing everything wrong.But I will finish it.And I will be proud of it.I think...I hope..I guess I will see.Next is to stitch the penny flower and stitch the stems.I will post the pictures as I make progress.
Do you remember the 80's particular the country decoration the blue color that seemed to be on anything.Furniture,trim rugs,Just about anything.I had this piece that was blue and stain wood I use it for a spice cabinet.So yesterday night I decided to change it to more primitive color.
Below is the before oh my
This piece has strong bones I got this from a auction for $4.00 so I said why not.But it needed such a change and that is my new project.

The drawers are great for storage kitchen towels,table cloths,just about anything.


Has a shelf great for herbs and spices oils and vinagers.I am changing the look of this pieces all together.Also in this process I also went through my spices and herbs the old ones I tossed.It has been a fun filled weekend so far.I hope that Sunday does work out that I can post more pictures of progress of the penny rug and also the spice cabinet makeover.
Until nest time may the Lord keep you and bless you Judy

No comments:

Post a Comment