Monday, January 31, 2011

Pictures of My First Penny Rug and Trash to Treasure

I have always liked penny rugs.I would see them in magazines,country books of homes,and a couple times I have been at auctions and have seen them go for lots of money.
I have always loved the look.
So I had the idea of trying to make one not the traditional one of pennies sewen together which I also would like to make.My first penny rug is Basket Of Pennies.
I have to say taking my time really makes a difference.When I started out stitching,I found stitching the pennies were alot easier than stitching onto the rug.I hope that makes since.I started out on the pennies and was like oh yes.But when I moved to the rug it self and tried to make my first stitch on the basket it was as if my brain was not working I had what my children say is a brain fart.I attempted this many times at lest 10 times starting my stitch and not having a blanket stitch.So I took 2 pieces of scrap pieces of felt and just tried different stitches that my Mother had showed me many years ago.And it happened I mad my first blanket stitch I was tickled.
I know this is not good at all but I am glad I figured this out.I did feel more comfortable the more I stitch.The first stitch and ending stitch and corners need lots of work.That's okay I know I am learning and I know it will be filled with lots and lots of mistakes.But isn't that when anything you do.The first time you make something new is always filled with so many learning lessons.And you always get better.Or at least I hope I do.
Tonight I will finish this basket and move onto the next one.I know it will get better.
I have had sometime to paint I went to my local Goodwill and found this little stool I paid $2.00 and yes I forgot to take the before picture but I did remember to take some after pictures.This was so fun to paint it only took about a day of sitting in my craft room and having fun.
I sanded the stool and then painted it a timberline green painted the birds from a book I have
sanded the edges stained it and put a finish.I love how it turned out.
This was fun trash to my treasure.Until next time May God keep and Bless you Judy

No comments:

Post a Comment